Claudia Dreier Poepperl, CEO of CIAmedia, presented a webinar last week that discussed the latest in out-of-app advertising: post call ads. These ads monetize apps even after a user stops using the app by providing a constant stream of ad impressions. But what are post call ads?
Post call ads appear at the end of a call as part of a caller identification screen. Users can call, save, access settings or click on the ad and the ads don’t interrupt the user from interacting with the app. The best part about these kind of ads is that they don’t interrupt the user from interacting with the app.
Here are some other takeaways from the webinar:
- Forms of in-app ad units: standard banner ads, interstitial, app wall, offer wall, exit wall, rich media (videos, audio, expandable formats), native ads;
- Alternative forms of app advertising: lockscreen ads, homescreen icons, post app ads, push ads and post call ads;
- App Discoverability Stats: 1.6k new apps per day in stores; 2.5m apps on Apple & Google stores; 5% of apps account for 90% of downloads (2013);
- App Retention Stats: consumers only regularly use 5 apps in any given week; 80-90% of apps deleted after 1 use; Typical lifetime: 30 days;
- 70% of all apps monetized by in-app advertising;
- Consumers spend about one hour and 16 minutes per day on the phone, with 18 minutes of that time spent on actual calls;
- Online searches help to generate around 4 million calls per minute.
Check out the entire webinar below:
For access to all of our past webinars and a look at what’s to come, visit http://bit.ly/LSAwebinars.