There is no denying the power of meeting face-to-face. Often the most efficient way to do this is at live events. According to a Demand Gen Report, 76% of 150 B2B marketers said that live events offered the best top-funnel engagement opportunity.
But the embrace of live events isn’t just for the top of the funnel. A majority (64%) also said that live events helped convert middle to late stage prospects as well, making live events the most widely embraced marketing tactic for B2B marketers. The challenge is, finding the best events to attend.
Lead nurturing (58%), webinars (58%), case studies (40%) and videos (38%) rounded out the top five channels for top of funnel engagement for B2B marketers. Not much of a surprise, but these figures further emphasize the power that in-person events have on the B2B prospecting.
Whoever your prospect, there are a number of considerations every B2B marketer should explore before spending travel and events budgets:
- Size: Ultimately, B2B marketers are going to want the best chance of meeting with prospects. Events that are too small don’t offer enough opportunities to network and events that are too big make it extremely hard to meet qualified prospects and have thoughtful conversations because of the many distractions. The sweet spot is 300 – 500 attendees.
- Focus: Make sure to find an event that aligns with the channels or industries you are trying to connect with. From education to business development, you’ll want to find the events that share your focus and interests, making you, your product and your company more relevant to attendees.
- Networking: Look at the agenda of the events you’re considering and see if there are dedicated times for networking and business development. If there isn’t it might be hard to set meetings if everyone is sitting in on the sessions.
- Speakers/Sessions: If you’re going to go to an event for networking, get your money’s worth by learning something too. Find events that have agendas that are interesting with speakers that you haven’t heard from before.
- Technology: Find events that embrace gated messaging apps and tools to help facilitate networking amongst attendees. This will really make your life easier when trying to set meetings with key prospects.
LSA19 is next week. Join 400 publishers, agencies, brands and technology providers in Dana Point, CA to network and learn the future of digital marketing. And if you’re attending and want to schedule meetings with exhibitors, you can find their contact info here.